Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last day!

I can't believe it...today was BigGirls last day of kindergarten! Now she'll have one month of lazy time at home before school starts in september.
As a thank you gift for her kindergarten teachers I altered these paint cans:

This is the paint can from the front. The sentiment reads: "May you be blessed".



The can from the top. The scalloped circle reading "Thank you" is really a mini book. I used litte magnets to hold it into place.



Here's what the mini book looks like. The magnets also hold it close.

Front:



Back:



Inside:





I really enjoyed the project! It was a lot of fun!
I used a sentiment from the Blessings Project and included the poem used in the film (of course with a note regarding copyright).

RECIPE:
Paper: Creative Memories Perfect Fit Great Escapes
Ribbon: s.e.i. such a boy, Basic Grey Periphery Collection Fibers, Ribbons from my local craft store (sorry, don't know the brand).
Cans: don't know the brand, got it here

1 comment:

Cindyg said...

What a GREAT project!!!! Awesome idea!